Clients can avail from us our jacking system, which is probably the safest way to erect or lift tanks. Our fail-safe device is equipped with many arrangements to ensure innocuous operations, such as:
- In case of hydraulic seal, the mechanical grip jaws prevent the jack from moving downwards and will hold the jack at the same position on the trestle rod
- In case of a hose rupture during lifting, the jacks do not slip downwards with the load. If the hose bursts, lifting should be stopped and the hose must be replaced
- Prior to dispatch, each jack is load tested at 1.5 times its rated capacity and kept under load for 3 to 5 minutes. On customer request, the load test can be witnessed by a Third Party Inspection agency like Bureau Veritas, SGS, Germanischer Lloyd or others
- Each jack has two pairs of case hardened grip jaws made of special grade of steel. At any given point of time, either one of the pairs is engaged or locked. During lifting both the pairs are in "locked" position and in this position, the jack can move only upwards
Though there are in-built safety measures, certain precautionary measures need to taken while operation. Remove any unsuitable material and replace with suitable fill, then thoroughly compact fill inside the concrete ring or crushed stone ringwall, and lay a layer of minimum 75 mm thick compacted, clean sand above the fill. The bearing pressure below the trestle base plate, above the tank bottom plate, shall be minimum 1.45 N/mm2, else the trestle base plate surface area shall be made larger.
Additionally, there are various precautionary measures that can be taken with respect to the tank foundation, such as:
- On customer request, the stability of tank under jacking is checked by design calculation done by considering the diameter, height, weight, and number of jacks used. The maximum safe wind speed at which it is safe to jack up a tank is determined using these calculations.
- During lifting of a tank using jacks, an oil cushion is formed since all jacks are connected to each other hydraulically; thereby, no single jack is subject to excessive load
- In the event of uneven lifting, which at any time can only be to the maximum extent of the stroke length of the jack, which is 100 mm, individual jacks can be shut off. This is done using a stop cock valve by making appropriate adjustments during lifting
- On specific request, motors, and starters for powerpack are supplied with "CE" mark
Before selecting the type and number of jacks for any tank project, or before operating the jacking equipment, read our safety instructions and understand the information contained therein.